WILD BILL DONOVAN

WILD BILL DONOVAN
OSS

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

'HEWES' TOOLS

Those of you who know what this topic means and what it concerns will need little or no explanation about this which I do not intend to give here since this blog might well be monitored in various ways. I met two reps of this important company while standing on the airstrip at Marcopper Mining Corporation at Tapian on the island of Marinduque. I can't recall if I was going to Manila on the company plane or had just gotten off a flight but I do vaguely recall the two men with brief cases,etc. asking me questions about things and how to get to the Headquarters,etc. They made the remarks that this Mining Corporation was the 'cadillac' of mines in South East Asia,but, of course, Atlas Mining had the bigger operation and mine somewhere else. I can't recall who clued me in that this company was a cover for the CIA that went about Asia visiting mines and other US interests under the guise of 'salemen',reps,etc. But I have not forgotten also what they told me about the company's history which has had extensive government contracts of various kinds,none of which I could ever prove or find actual records or evidence of such, and I never really tried, allowing rumour and hearsay to prevail as well as caution.

No comments:

Post a Comment