WILD BILL DONOVAN

WILD BILL DONOVAN
OSS

Saturday, October 3, 2009

'SOLIDARITY'

I have chosen this word to describe a certain bookstore in Manila that was reputed to have been a 'CIA' place,etc. and the owner, a certain, 'MR. JOSE',whom I met several times and from whom I bought several books,magazines, and also visited with friends of mine with similar interests, was thought by some to be sort of 'on their payroll' possibly. THE RAMON MAGASAYSAY BUILDING on ROXAS BOULEVARD was also reputed to be a CIA 'hotspot' or 'front. Of course, I visited that from time to time and several friends of mine, martial artists,assured me that the CIA was there in that building even though I never mentioned or asked about such. They merely 'fed' me the info gratuitously. Mr. Jose was also a publisher and writer and if you had read any of his fiction you might wonder from its 'anti-american' tone,etc. why he was selected to be perhaps an 'informant' or 'contact' or whatever for the CIA,if,indeed, he really was. I never asked him and I never saw anything to demonstrate that he was.

No comments:

Post a Comment